Sep 15 - 10:15 pm
Sep 20 - 9:45 pm
Sep 21 - 9:30 pm
Sep 22 - 9:00 pm
Sep 22 - 10:15 pm
Sep 26 - 9:00 pm
Sep 27 - 9:45 pm
Sep 28 - 9:45 pm
Sep 29 - 9:00 pm
Sep 29 - 10:15 pm
Oct 5 - 9:30 pm
Oct 6 - 9:00 pm
Oct 6 - 10:15 pm
Oct 10 - 9:30 pm
Oct 11 - 10:00 pm
Oct 12 - 9:30 pm
Oct 13 - 9:00 pm
Oct 13 - 10:15 pm
Oct 17 - 9:30 pm
Oct 18 - 10:00 pm
Oct 19 - 9:30 pm
Oct 20 - 9:00 pm
Oct 20 - 10:15 pm
Oct 25 - 10:00 pm
Oct 26 - 9:30 pm
Oct 27 - 9:00 pm
Oct 27 - 10:15 pm
Oct 31 - 9:30 pm
Nov 1 - 10:00 pm
Nov 2 - 9:30 pm
Nov 3 - 9:00 pm
Nov 3 - 10:15 pm
Nov 7 - 9:30 pm
Nov 9 - 9:30 pm
Nov 10 - 9:00 pm
Nov 10 - 10:15 pm
Nov 14 - 9:30 pm
Nov 16 - 9:30 pm
Welcome to the Denver Women's Hockey League Website
To provide an environment in which women can play hockey free from all forms of harassment or discrimination and which encourages fair play, openness and friendship. To provide a competitive and social atmosphere which promotes the growth of leadership, coaching, and skill development.
|Sign up for Facebook to connect with DWHL||Follow our latest activity on Twitter|
DWHL Members-Punch Cards for Subbing, Practices, Drop-ins
If you plan on subbing with DWHL during the Spring Season, now is a good time to get a DWHL punch card!
Punch cards can be used for Games, Practices, and Drop-ins. If you are subbing for the Summer Season you can sub-up with your punch card as well (if you sub in Novice you can sub up to Intermediate; if you sub in Intermediate you can sub up to Advanced).
To purchase a punch card, email Kimi at email@example.com
Help one of our own!
Bretlyn and Charlie Schmidtmann are staples in the EMS community. Today they lost their house, property, and one of their amazing dogs in a wildfire in Nederland, CO. They've helped every single one of us at sometime, now it's our turn the help them. Let's show them how much our emergency services family loves them. Any help you can give would be much appreciated.
Summer 2016 League Registration now open!
Please make sure that you DON'T login to the website before starting registration. Just go to dwhl.org and click on the registration tab. You will be prompted when to log in.
Gift certificates are available. Please contact Kimi Ammons at firstname.lastname@example.org
DWHL Summer League
Season begins week of June 6th, 2016 and ends the last week of August(ish) .
There will be three divisions this summer: Novice, Intermediate and Advanced. Intermediate and Advanced Divisions are welcome to bring in pre-formed teams, but must notify the board by as soon as possible in order to plan for the number of teams. As always, the Board reserves the right to move players to or from any team and registering with a team is no guarantee you will be on that team. If you have questions about what division you think you should be playing in, please contact the board. Pre-rostered teams must provide their player list to the DWHL no later than May 15th and all members must be registered and paid by May 27th in order to assure team placement.
The season includes at least 12 sessions (Novice has 9 regular season games, 1 practices/clinics, AND at least 1 playoff game per team – total number of games depends on number of teams. Intermediate and Advanced have at least 10 games plus at least one playoff game, depending on the number of teams). Start times for games are usually between 7:30 – 9:30 pm. The league tries to get ice times as early as possible. Please check the website often for changes to game dates/times.
Fees are $270 per skater, which includes free subbing - we are limiting the rosters to 13 players each (12 skaters and 1 goalie). All games will have a limit of 13 skaters per bench. In the event that there are not enough registered skaters to field more full teams, then the max number of skaters per team may be increased at the Board's discretion. If you are entering a team into the Intermediate or Advanced divisions, the board reserves the right to add players to your roster up to 13. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Registration Deadline is May 27th, 2016.
- All registrations paid in full by May 13th will pay the early bird discount fee of $255.
- No charge for goalies - first registered, first rostered, unless you are coming in with a pre-formed team.
- Game nights and times are subject to change due to availability of ice. Games are currently scheduled on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We will announce which divisions play on which days before the early bird deadline.
- Monday and Tuesday games will be at Ice Centre at the Promenade. 10710 Westminster Blvd., Westminster, CO 80020.
- Wednesday and Thursday games will be played at the Apex. 13150 W. 72nd Ave., Arvada, Colorado 80005.
- USA Hockey-Certified Referees
- Each Novice team will have a dedicated Coach for the season
- Huge Benefit over other adult hockey leagues: Rostered players sub for free within your division on nights your team is not playing! Non-rostered, DWHL members may sub for a $25 drop-in fee.
In an effort to keep player costs to a minimum, the DWHL has a no refund policy for league fees after the start of the season.
We know a lot of our players, friends, and families have been affected by the tragic loss of Oliver "Butch" Mousseau just a few days ago, following an on ice accident. Dawg Nation Hockey Foundation has set up a fund to donate to in Butchy's honor. Here is the link to donate if interested.
We have some really exciting news to share, so please be sure to read this to the end.
- We are proud to announce the new DWHL team store. This is an e-store where you can purchase DWHL merchandise. The beauty of an e-store is that you order on-line and it is shipped directly to you. No one has to collect money and then deliver the product. Delivery will be much easier and quicker. The store is open now and the link to order is
Some important points to note about the e-store:
- We will place one order each season and your order MUST be in by the deadline or you will have to wait until the next season. For this order, the deadline is March 31, 2016.
- All items will print once the deadline has been reached and will be sent out 2 weeks after the deadline (not 2 weeks after you order)
- There will be set items that will be available every time including hoodies, t-shirts, shorts and sweatpants. Each session will have items only available that session. For this first order, it is golf shirts and drawstring bags. If there are items you would like to see available, please contact Patty at Pformosa30@gmail.com
- A portion of the price goes to the DWHL to support our mission, including occasions where we have to purchase make-up ice, and to help keep the ice costs down.
- Harrow also offers a 15% discount on equipment for DWHL players. Be sure to check it out.
- Anyone can order from the site. So if you have a birthday/anniversary coming up and you want DWHL merchandise, pass the link on.
- Harrow will be making some changes to the site no later than this Friday to add descriptions of each item so you know what type of material each one is made of.
- In an effort to minimize the number of e-mails sent out to the general membership, only the initial notice that the e-store is up and running for each season will be sent out. Any updates, reminders etc will be on the Facebook page and the blog.
- Don’t forget the Facebook page and the blog. We have fun things like Throwback Hockey Thursdays and Gold Star Friday. Watch for the upcoming Player of the Month feature. Please nominate people for the Player of the Month and brag on yourself for Gold Star Friday.
Click on logo to purchase apparel where 100% of the funds go to The Denna Laing Fund
DWHL Discount offered - 15% of Learn to Play Hockey at Apex
DWHL players: Join our Learn to Play Hockey class for 15% off!
Whether you’re brand new to hockey or an experienced skater, the Apex Ice Arena is offering Denver Women’s Hockey League players 15% off to join our Learn to Play Hockey program. After the discount, it’s $92 with a resident ID card or $112 for nonresidents. Sessions run 6 weeks and meet on Monday nights from 5:15-6:15pm.
Jan. 4 – Feb. 22, 2016
Feb. 29 – Apr. 11, 2016
To register call Guest Services at 303-424-7733 or visit apexprd.org
*Enrollment closes the day before the first class
Please call the Ice Desk at 303-403-2598 for additional information