We run multiple in-house leagues throughout the year.
Fall and Spring Recreational and Competitive Mixed Leagues
The Fall Mixed Leagues begin in September or October and go through December.
Spring Mixed Leagues begin in January and go until April.
The setup of each league is similar:
- The Recreational Division plays approximately 10 games, has 2 practices with their coaches, and playoffs at the end of the season. This division also has bench coaches for the duration of the season to help players learn & improve their game.
- The Competitive Division plays approximately 12 games, and playoffs at the end of the season. While there are no bench coaches in Competitive, we strongly encourage players with more experience to mentor players who are newer to the game or to the DWHL.
The Summer League starts in May or June, and goes into August. Typically, there are enough players for three divisions:
- Novice (8 games, 2 practices, plus playoffs)
- Intermediate (10 games plus playoffs)
- Advanced (10 games plus playoffs)
DWHL also sponsors up to three teams each Winter to play in the Women’s Association of Colorado Hockey (WACH) league. Tryouts for these teams are held in August. The WACH season runs from September through April and plays at rinks throughout Colorado.